How to avoid a pension scam
How do I know if I can trust a financial adviser?
In case you’re wondering, Portafina Investment Management Ltd’s FCA registration number is 754580.
Where can I get financial assistance?
Do regulated financial advisers advertise online and by post?
Do regulated financial advisers offer no obligation pension checks?
Will a financial adviser push me into risky investments?
Can I release money from my pension before I’m 55?
Can I report a company I think is offering scam investments?
Are there many scams?
10 ways to avoid a finance scam
1. Ensure the company is real and legitimate
2. Don’t supply banking or credit card information
3. Be wary of unrealistic claims
4. Don’t send any money
5. Ask questions
6. Don’t feel pressured or obligated
7. Beware the fluency
8. Beware “guaranteed returns”
9. Don’t believe everyone else is doing it
10. Pay attention to the little details