Are your cockles warmed by getting to the heart of what someone needs and wants with an open ear, compassionate heart and a knack for the art of chat?
In a nutshell
Making great financial advice available to the masses. That’s what we do. And it takes a number of dedicated, friendly teams to make sure this happens – on time, every time.
That’s where you could fit in. A calm, collected team of paraplanners supports our financial advisers. And the team is growing. The working patterns are flexible and the hours are 37.5 per week. Bonuses could add some weight to an already healthy package.
Your typical day
If you’ve got this far then you are still interested. Great news! So, let’s have a look at the main thing you would be doing every day: getting the information we need from clients, over the phone, so that we can review their financial situation. Let’s look at this in a bit more detail:
- You’ll need to immediately put clients at ease when you call them.
- Big ears and empathy are key for this role: each client needs to feel comfortable enough to open up pretty quickly, even though they don’t know you.
- You’ll need to know when to guide clients back on to the topics we want to discuss and sometimes dig a little deeper, with care and sensitivity.
- At keys points in the conversation you will help clients to understand what their options are and review with them the information they have provided.
- Before each client appointment you will need to brush up on what we know about them and the financial plans they want to discuss.
- After each appointment you will need to complete a fact find, clearly and concisely documenting the information you have gathered for the financial adviser who will then make a recommendation.
You’re the kind of person who…
We’re pretty sure you’ve got lots of skills and traits that make you a great person to be around. These are the ones that are really important for this job:
- A strong work ethic - an absolute given, as you would expect.
- A team player: bit of a cliché, we know. This is really important to us, though.
- You can see what’s coming and manage situations and workloads accordingly.
- A positive can-do attitude. It’s all about the ‘and’ – not the ‘but’.
- Customer service and/or sales experience is key.
- Previous experience of working in financial services or a strong background in pensions.
- The desire to deliver brilliant customer service, every time.
- Love analysing and good at it, too? Good stuff.
- A warm and friendly personality is vital for this role. Clients will need to trust you pretty quickly and these two traits are great ice breakers.
People who help other people
If you have experience of working as a paraplanner in a similar environment – great! It’s not essential, though. We’re big believers in the right person for the job and that means who you are and how you come across are as important as your skills and experience.
If we like you and you like us then we will train you on everything else you need to know. And if things go really well there is often room to progress.
If you think you are right for this role then send us an email, along with your CV, explaining why you think you and we are meant for each other. We will then get back in touch with you as soon as possible. Take care.
INFOPK - LIGHT
Be clear about your pension
Your free pack will explain your pension options, the pros and cons, and how getting financial advice could make all the difference for you; we just need a few details first. (Please see our privacy notice for information on our data practices here.).
Please note: all fields marked with an asterisk (*) are mandatory